Fully Funded, WCO Scholarship, The Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme (Scholarship Programme)
About the Scholarship:
The Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme (Scholarship Programme) provides a grant covering travel, subsistence, admission, tuition and other approved expenses to enable promising young Customs managers from a developing country member of the WCO to undertake Master’s level studies at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan.
Who Can Apply:
- A candidate must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least two years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IPR border enforcement, and who are expected to work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme.
- A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2022.
- Individuals who have already been awarded a scholarship under the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme in the past will not be entitled to apply for this Scholarship Programme.
- After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at least.
What is Funded?
- A monthly stipend covers accommodations, meals, transportations, and other expenses. It cannot be increased to cover family members, if any. The amount of stipend is subject to change according to the decision of the Japanese Government.*
- Admission and tuition fees.**
- Round-trip economy-class air tickets between your home country and Japan.